Certified Software Business Analyst: (CSBA)
The need for improved and more reliable information transfer calls for Software Business Analyst professionals who can effectively bridge the knowledge and language gap between the business and IT communities. Certification is recommended as a means to evaluate an individual's ability to apply the knowledge necessary to bridge that gap. Acquiring the designation of Certified Software Business Analyst (CSBA) indicates a professional level of competence in the principles and practices associated with the business analyst profession. CSBA's become members of a recognized professional group and receive recognition of their competence by business and professional associates, potentially rapid career advancement, and greater acceptance in the role as advisor to management.
Applicant Prerequisites: (CSBA)
To qualify for candidacy, each applicant must meet ONE of four prerequisites listed below:
- A 4 year degree from accredited college-level institution & 2 years experience in the information services field
- A 3 year degree from accredited college-level institution & 3 years experience in the information services field
- A 2 year degree from accredited college-level institution & 4 years experience in the information services field
- Six years experience in the information services field
- Must be working, or have worked at any time within the prior 18 months in the SBA field.
An applicant for certification must adhere to the Code of Ethics that outlines the ethical behaviors expected of all certified professionals by the International Software Certification Board.
Depending upon a compliance sample selected according to program criteria, the applicant may be required to provide upon request detailed education, employment, and reference documentation supporting the information entered in the Customer Portal during the application process. If selected the applicant must supply the required documentation and those who fail to provide the requested documentation may be subject to decertification.